Let’s face it, we all ate cookie dough by the spoonfuls when we were little and we didn’t die or lose our eyelashes from it or anything. Yes, new-school common knowledge says don’t do it – it has raw eggs in it – but it still happens. Well, I am here to tell you today’s recipe – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes – will satisfy that urge with no shame.
My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes were a huge hit at the bakery (and with my kids) since the frosting tastes just like raw cookie dough, yet there’s no raw egg to worry about and there’s no fighting with children that want to lick the spoon.
Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe with Cookie Dough Frosting
~ Makes approximately 16 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- Cake Flour – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter (softened) – 3/4 cup
- BROWN Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Buttermilk – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 whole + 1 yolk
- Vanilla – 1 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 2 teaspoons
- Chocolate Chips (semisweet) – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl and set aside.
- In mixer bowl, cream softened butter and brown sugar.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and vanilla bean paste in one container. Add to creamed sugar a little at a time mixing between each addition.
- Combine the milk and buttermilk and whisk together.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milks and mix until well combined, scraping mixer bowl often.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill cups almost to top of liner.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 22-25 minutes, checking often towards the end.
- Butter (unsalted & softened) – 1 lb
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Powdered/Confectioners Sugar – 4 2/3 cups
- Salt – 2/3 teaspoon
- Milk – 3 Tablespoons
- Vanilla – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour – 1/4 cup
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add milk, vanilla, powdered sugar, salt and flour.
- Mix until light and fluffy.